- In 2020, 44% of real estate agents generated the most clients via social media, only topped by referrals.
- 82% of agents plan to improve their social media presence to grow their business in 2021.
- The National Association of Realtors 2021 Realtor Technology survey found that 53% of respondents say that social media is one of the most valuable technology tools they use.
- 74% of realtors use Facebook for professional purposes.
- Clubhouse, a social media app that prioritizes audio, has real estate conversation clubs with over 50k followers.
- 99% of millennials (and 90% of baby boomers) begin their home search online (as opposed to in-person referrals).
- 81% of older millennials, 80% of younger millennials, and 78% of Gen X found their home on a mobile device.
(Source: Hubspot Academy, Sprout Social)
These statistics just show that social media is indeed a worthwhile investment if you want to grow your real estate business. Not only are the millennials looking for realtors online or shopping for homes online, but even Gen X and baby boomers are on the platform! Long gone are the days of cold calling, your next clients are ever so easy to find online.
If you are starting from scratch with zero followers, you might feel discouraged to not see any results for the first few months. Building an online presence will definitely take time, effort, a little bit of money, and probably a lot of creativity, but the leads and sales that you will get from that hard work will definitely be worth it in the long run. Plus, you’ll be ahead of your competition.
So, what are you waiting for? Build your social media presence today so that you can engage with more clients and close more homes!