Do you have a hashtag strategy, or are you just kinda wingin’ it?
A hashtag is a word or phrase preceded by a hash sign (#). It is used on social media to identify content on a specific topic and enables cross-referencing of content with the same subject or theme. Users can search for a hashtag and find all posts related to that certain hashtag. For example, if a user searches #realestate, they will be able to find all posts with #realestate in the caption.
Using the right hashtags can help you get the most reach. Learn the different types of hashtags to use for your real estate business!
- General to your industry
- Examples: #realestate, #homesforsale
- What your specialty is in real estate
- Examples: #singlefamilyhome, #retailspace
- Where your industry hands out on IG
- Examples: #realtorsofinstagram, #instarealestate
- What region/area you and your audience are located
- Examples: #kelownarealestate, #atlantarealtors
- Use a couple of hashtags to describe what is in the photo
- Examples: #newlisting, #favoritebakery
- Part of a group or larger company? Use that hashtag too!
- Examples: #sarahleonardteam, #remax
- Trending hashtags are helpful. Highlight a holiday or special day
- Examples: #valentinesday, #worldkindnessday
In order to get the most reach, it’s important to use a variety of hashtags. Try to use a few from each group.
Get your printable download here: http://bit.ly/PL-hashtag_guide